Thursday, March 3, 2011

This Week

There has been a whirlwind of SB kiddos in the hospital this last week and it has gotten my mind going.  We have also welcomed two new babies into our special SB families. 

It breaks my heart whenever I know another kid is in the hospital.  It is awful what our kids have to go through.  But it also really hard on us moms too, and dads and siblings and everyone in our lives how care about us and our kids.  We ache for what these kids have to go through.

Whenever their is an issue going on with our kids, our SB family surrounds that person with love, support and tons of prayers.  For me, I ache with them, as we have been there too.  Feeling alone and scared. Not always knowing what the right decision is.  Being stuck at the hospital, feeling like you are trapped inside this other world, where the rules are different and the consequences are monumental.  Missing your friends and family.  Missing other special things in our lives. Birthdays, school events, sports practices and games. Missing your own bed. It's hard, really hard.  

I worry about what will happen when Evan gets older.  How will he handle these hospitalizations?   Right now, he does so well.  He has spent so much of his short life having issues, in the hospital, going to doctors appointments, having therapy.  I wonder how that will change when he gets older and realizes not all kids have to go through what he does.  I hope he has a bond with other SB kids that give him the support I get from my SB friends.

So to the Summers, Ross, Honey and Deisher, families (and those that I may have missed) out there having a tough time, I understand.   I wish I could do more.  I wish I knew how to make it better for Evan, for all the kids. 

Congratulations to the Kern and Ramsumair families!!

Prayers to you all.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet. Nate is 4 and still hasn't noticed or doesn't care that other kids don't go to therapy or wear braces. :) I hope it stays that way for a long time.

    ReplyDelete