Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer

As I sit down to write this, it's a relief to not have to write any medical updates on here (knock on wood). 

I love summer time.  I never knew this before this summer, though.  I love being able to come home from a long day of work and not have the stress of homework, and dinner and baths and early bedtimes.  We can relax.  We have time to breathe.  We get some much needed extra time in our day. 

This summer will definetly be a summer to remember.  We are about to embark on a life changing journey.  In just 9 days we are heading to Anaheim, California for our first family vacation.  We are headed to the place where dreams are made.  I am lucky enough to be able to get a two for one deal during this trip.  I am attending the National Spina Bifida Conference!  . I am so grateful and blessed to have such an amazing support system of other SB moms and families and I will finally get the chance to meet some of these wonderful people.  While I am at conference Evan will be a Spina Bifida kids camp.  I realize that he is young and very possibly will not remember this trip when he is older.  I love the fact that he is going to get the chance to be around other SB kids his own age and observe their mobility skills.  While Evan and I work on our SB educations, Jeff and Lauren are going to be spending 4 fun filled days at Disneyland.  The conference is being held at the Disneyland Hotel, which is where we will be staying, so it only seem fitting.  I am so glad they will get this daddy/daughter bonding time.  Evan and I will join them for the last 2 days at Disney to end our amazing trip.  One of the best things about this trip is that Lauren has NO idea, whatsoever that we are going!!!!  Jeff and I have been talking and planning this trip since January and we have never said a word to her about it.  I can't wait to see the look on her face when we arrive at Disneyland.  The smile on her face is the only way to start a dream vacation!

1 comment:

  1. I am soooooooooooooooooo jealous! I wanted to go so bad. Have a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete